Environmental Resource Permits
VM Environmental Consulting is experienced in obtaining all levels of government permits including city, county, state and federal, as each regulatory agency has specific guidelines and procedures that must be followed for each industrial activity.
Upon issuance of a permit, all clients receive a permit package which includes the approved permit, a compiled list of permit requirements and conditions, as well as the necessary forms and deadlines to comply with the permit.
VM Environmental Consulting is always available for technical assistance, agency follow up and backup documentation.
Some of the services we provide include:
USACE Section 404 and Section 10
TCEQ 401 Certification Reviews
Wetland Delineation and Mitigation
Texas Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (TPDES) Permits
Multi Sector General Permit
Under the existing TPDES General Permit No.TXR050000, issued August 14, 2016, facilities that discharge stormwater associated with industrial activity located in the state of Texas and that may discharge to surface waters of the state must obtain this permit.
Construction General Permit
Under the existing TPDES General Permit No TXR 150000, issued March 5, 2018, construction activities from which runoff goes into or adjacent to any surface water in of the state are regulated according to the area of land disturbed.
- Large construction activities which disturb 5 or more acres, or are part of a larger common plan of development that will disturb 5 or more acres, are regulated under this general permit.
- Small Construction Activities which disturb at least 1 but less than 5 acres, or are part of a larger common plan of development that will disturb at least 1 but less than 5 acres, are also regulated under this general permit.
- Construction activities that disturb less than 1 acre, and are not part of a larger common plan of development that would disturb 1 or more acres, are not required to obtain coverage under this general permit.
Industrial Wastewater Discharge Permit
Every facility that discharges wastewater into waters of the state and/or disposes of wastewater adjacent to waters in the state by irrigation, evaporation or subsurface disposal must be permitted.
Oil & Gas Permits and Registrations
Petroleum storage tanks (PSTs)
- Aboveground Storage Tank (AST) Permits (dependent on county or city fire code)
- AST Registrations (ASTs with a capacity of 1,100 gallons or more are required to be registered with TCEQ)
- Underground Storage Tank (UST) Delivery Certificates (owners or operators of regulated UST must renew their facility’s delivery certificate to continue to receive fuel deliveries)
- AST & UST Construction Notifications
- Financial Assurance Documentation
- Gasoline Vapor Recovery (Stages I & II)
Registration for Used Oil Collection Centers
All of those facilities that act as collection centers for used oil
Registration for Used Oil Handlers and/or Used Oil Filter Handlers
All of those facilities that generate or transport 55 gallons or more of use oil
Registration as a Transporter of Municipal Sludge(s) and Similar Wastes
If you plan to transport any of the following, you must register as a sludge transporter:
- Sewage Sludge
- Chemical Toilet Waste
- Water Supply Treatment Plant Sludge
- Grit Trap Waste
- Septic Tank Waste
- Grease Trap Waste (GS)
Texas Department of Agriculture Weights and Measures Registration
Businesses operating commercial gasoline, kerosene or diesel fuel pumps, scales, bulk meters and LPG meters, must register these devices with the Department annually.
For permitting and registration services not listed please contact VM Environmental Consulting and we will be happy to assist you.